Nail art is a creative way to paint, decorate, enhance, and embellish the nails. It is a type of artwork that can be done on fingernails and toenails, usually after manicures or pedicures. A manicure and a pedicure are beauty treatments that trim, shape, and polish the nail. Often these procedures remove the cuticles and soften the skin around the nails.
Several options are available for decorating nails:
- Nail art pens
- Water marbling
- Adding accessories
- Studs, rhinestones, miniature plastic bow-ties, beads, and aluminum foil
- Acrylic powder for 3D art. The powder used for 3D acrylic nail art is a polymer powder which is used with a monomer liquid to create designs.
To decorate the nails, manicurist use several tools such as:
- Nail dotters, also known as “dotting tools”
- Nail art brushes
- Stationery tape/ stickers
- Thin, colored striping tape
- Sponges (for gradient effects)
- Do-it-yourself (DIY), is a new concept of doing nail art without the aid of experts or professionals.